The Library “Goce Delchev”
The Library is located in the city center, next to the city square. The twostoreyed house where the library is located, with its semblance presents a worthy representative of the authentic Macedonian architecture. It was built in 1912 and despite the importance of the recognizable architecture of the Macedonian houses in XIX century, the library possesses valuable collection of original books, among which is the book “Mirror”, written by the Macedonian spreader of enlightenment Kiril Pejchinovich and printed in 1816 in Budim. The library started to work in 1945 with primary fond of 500 books. Today the book fond is very extensive and valuable, whereupon the library disposes of more than 70 000 books, 1000 tomes of newspapers and magazines, about 400 rear books and 200 works of local authors. The library also has its own web-site where the whole book fond can be found. Despite the citizens who love the written words, the library is mostly visited by students, from the elementary and high schools, who use literature for the needs of their education. Nearby the library there is a parking lot.